Where do I find themes? Or, how do I create one?

shoaiyb
Where do I find themes? Or, how do I create one?
shoaiyb@b4cd1e7b Friday 9th June 2023, 13:11:04

Hello guys.
I'm new here, this is my first post ever in this community. I'm also a fan of flat-file softwares, I even built and manage a tiny flat-file blogging software.

I noticed Flatboard like five months ago and I loved it since. I was just wondering of creating a discussion forum for my blog. But, is there any place I could find already made (and mostly free) themes? Or do I have to build one from scratch? Besides, I would love to build a new theme that matches the style of my existing blog.

Thanks.

Replies 14
Tillreetree
Tillreetree@fc7e1f5a  Monday 19th June 2023, 02:19:01

As for this, you have to contact @Fred

Tillreetree
Tillreetree@fc7e1f5a  Monday 19th June 2023, 02:23:22

WebPress is still in the "proof of concept" stage in my eyes (it doesn't have a nice look, but at least it uses standard Bootstrap components and could use Bootswatch to improve the look), I think this structure of the program is quite good ; after I modified a few things(for php 7.4 compatibillity), it feels very usable ; i hope you keep up the good work 😺

Last modified by Tillreetree@fc7e1f5a on Monday 19th June 2023, 02:25:00

SurveyBuilder-Admin
SurveyBuilder-Admin  Monday 19th June 2023, 12:28:46

Hay, I am a web developer not a designer (were not the same), I failed art (not really, I am actually shocked that I haven't) 😉. I figure someone is going to say styling, I am not a creative person and a visualizer and it's hard to visualize what is "good looking", plus I am using PHP 8.2, not 7, so it's going to feel incompatible. Bootswatch only changes the CSS variables of bootstraps style code. Thank you for the feedback.

Also, I am updating the dashboard style:

Last modified by SurveyBuilder-Admin on Tuesday 20th June 2023, 00:02:00
Software engineer, creates plugins for Flatboard, checks source codes, and answers any software errors questions and contributes on the GitHub page as well

Tillreetree
Tillreetree@fc7e1f5a  Tuesday 20th June 2023, 04:19:39

After testing, my personal opinion of Bootswatch themes that can improve the appearance greatly: Materia, Minty, Superhero, Zephyr
I personally recommend Zephyr as an alternative to the original Bootstrap

Also, the local server I installed on my own computer only had php 7.4 installed, so I had to "reverse fix" some things (wrote over things that only work on higher versions with lower versions) to get it to work on my computer; I will have to consider upgrading .......

Last modified by Tillreetree@fc7e1f5a on Tuesday 20th June 2023, 06:20:00

SurveyBuilder-Admin
SurveyBuilder-Admin  Tuesday 20th June 2023, 12:20:12

I would recommend using XAMPP 8.2.4 (current). That is what I use, and it works very well.

Last modified by SurveyBuilder-Admin on Tuesday 20th June 2023, 12:20:00
Software engineer, creates plugins for Flatboard, checks source codes, and answers any software errors questions and contributes on the GitHub page as well

SurveyBuilder-Admin
SurveyBuilder-Admin  Monday 26th June 2023, 22:44:14

I am now updating it, where you can also use SQL, using my php project I made called SSQL.

Suggested Topics
Alexander Liebrecht started Can not make config changes
General Questions
4.4K 3
4K 2
Want to read more? Browse all categories or view latest topics.