[SOLVED] Enable to change directory permissions

solved Enable to change directory permissions
Alexander Liebrecht Friday 5th February 2016, 14:31:54

Hello Developers,
I just wanted to install Flat Board on [http://internetblogger.at/flatboard](http://internetblogger.at/flatboard) and the installer shows me this error.
ERROR: Unable to change directory permissions for: uploads, data, data/topic, data/reply, data/forum, data/plugin, data/config, data/ban,

How can I remove it and install it at the end?
Thanks in advance.

Replies 9
hmmy ๐Ÿ  Friday 5th February 2016, 16:43:18

Maybe try manually changing permissions on your server?

Fred
Fred  Friday 5th February 2016, 16:48:39

Yes hmmy ๐Ÿ to reason, change the chmodd on the flatboard folder (0755 or 0777).
Edit you use the v.0.7.2, try with **v.0.7.4**
  • Before ask a question, read the documentation.
  • ๐ŸŽ‰  Featured as #1 product of the day on Product Hunt
  • Please like in alternativeto.net ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
  • โ•ฐโ˜†โ•ฎFlatboardโ•ฐโ˜†โ•ฎ is a open source and community contributions are essential to project success!
  • <TextField>, my new CMS project designed by a passionate developer, for developers!
  • I am currently busy ๐Ÿ˜ซ.

hmmy ๐Ÿ  Friday 5th February 2016, 19:12:14

Maybe start a new thread with every release.

Also, do you mind compressing all the current files for this board and including the rating plugin? Seems like avatars don't work for me too.

I'm excited for the report feature. I plan on using this as a blog (oddly enough).

Alexander Liebrecht  Friday 5th February 2016, 20:11:50

The write access I have already taken and yet the installation does not go. The subdirectory /flatboard has CHMOD 777 and the /data directory with all subdirectories has CHMOD 777 aircraft.

Hm ... to something else, it is then. I have to continue to look for the error.

Alexander Liebrecht  Friday 5th February 2016, 20:17:46

Now I have found it and that you should not create the directories /data and /uploads itself. I've created before installing and so that it should not.

A bit strange, but OK. Can I live with that;)

Fred
Fred  Friday 5th February 2016, 22:24:06

The installer make all necessary, not need to create other... Is solved?
  Thank you to report errors on the avatar display please, for I find problem.
  • Before ask a question, read the documentation.
  • ๐ŸŽ‰  Featured as #1 product of the day on Product Hunt
  • Please like in alternativeto.net ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
  • โ•ฐโ˜†โ•ฎFlatboardโ•ฐโ˜†โ•ฎ is a open source and community contributions are essential to project success!
  • <TextField>, my new CMS project designed by a passionate developer, for developers!
  • I am currently busy ๐Ÿ˜ซ.

Alexander Liebrecht  Saturday 6th February 2016, 15:19:18

@Fred,
Hello,
Yes, the problem is solved and I could install the new Flatboard version well. Many thanks for the quick help

hmmy  Saturday 6th February 2016, 16:21:41

Fred, I installed it in /flatboard/ with a fresh install and everything works. I think it is because I had two installs in the same directory? Or because I was trying to install it on a /test/ directory