Does this needs attention? Or is it normal?

shoaiyb
Does this needs attention? Or is it normal?
shoaiyb@b4cd1e7b Sunday 11th June 2023, 02:25:56

Hey guys, it's me again.

I've seen a discussion about PHP8 support: https://flatboard.org/view.php/topic/2023-02-201847131d6da

But still when I installed it on my site I got the following warnings:

<br /><b>Warning</b>: include_once(/home/shoaiyb/www/flatboard/plugin/FlatBBeditor/editor/markdown-.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/home/shoaiyb/www/flatboard/plugin/FlatBBeditor/FlatBBeditor.plg.php</b> on line <b>101</b><br />

<br /><b>Warning</b>: include_once(): Failed opening '/home/shoaiyb/www/flatboard/plugin/FlatBBeditor/editor/markdown-.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in <b>/home/shoaiyb/www/flatboard/plugin/FlatBBeditor/FlatBBeditor.plg.php</b> on line <b>101</b><br />

Is it from my side? How do I fix it?

Also, I've seen some discussions about language translations. How do I contribute and translate Flatboard into my own native language?

Update:
I've also seen a notice is triggered every time a new discussion is created, even on this website.

And, the BBCode "img" tag converts every occurrence of "o /" (without space between them) into "👋" emoji. Is that normal?

Last modified by shoaiyb@b4cd1e7b on Sunday 11th June 2023, 02:42:00

Replies 10
Tillreetree
Tillreetree@fc7e1f5a  Sunday 11th June 2023, 02:55:35

The bug - Is it from my side?

yes

The bug - How do I fix it?

Open the file that the error refers to (FlatBBeditor.plg.php), then find "markdown-" and remove the hyphen

How do I contribute and translate Flatboard into my own native language?

Translate the English version into your language first, post it on this site when you're done, and Fred may integrate the language into the next version of Flatboard

Oh and forward slash makes 👋 Is that normal?

it's not normal

Last modified by Tillreetree@fc7e1f5a on Sunday 11th June 2023, 02:55:00

shoaiyb
shoaiyb@b4cd1e7b  Sunday 11th June 2023, 10:42:59

Oh, ok.

SurveyBuilder-Admin
XHiddenProjects  Sunday 11th June 2023, 13:19:13

Ok the favpost @Fred has not updated my plugin yet, I have fixed the but so until he fixes that favpost plugin its always going to return an error.

Updated version can be found here: https://flatboard.org/view.php/topic/2023-06-0413330172a2d
Software engineer, creates plugins for Flatboard, checks source codes, and answers any software errors questions and contributes on the GitHub page as well

shoaiyb
shoaiyb@b4cd1e7b  Sunday 11th June 2023, 16:28:46

Wow, awesome.

Anyway, is there any way I can manage users on the forum? Like to be able to delete a user or delete every discussion a user has started? And, is there any way the Admin can receive updates regarding the forum, like whenever a new user sign up, or whenever a new topic or discussion is created, or when a discussion or a reply is reported. Like through mail or something?

SurveyBuilder-Admin
XHiddenProjects  Sunday 11th June 2023, 18:38:38

is there any way I can manage users on the forum?

> On Flatboard, no
Admin can receive updates regarding the forum

> Also no, and sort of when someone reports a user you can receive by the mail PHP, the problem is that all user are allowed to since it depends where your hosting it, free web hosting softwares don't allow PHP Mail

Webpress, that @Tillreetree I have a in-app mailing software and finished/working on managing users. Still working on the notification portion though.

Last modified by XHiddenProjects on Sunday 11th June 2023, 18:39:00
Software engineer, creates plugins for Flatboard, checks source codes, and answers any software errors questions and contributes on the GitHub page as well

Tillreetree
Tillreetree@fc7e1f5a  Monday 12th June 2023, 03:07:14

manage users on the forum

Given that this software has no real "user" system, so it is almost impossible to manage

BUT if you have the time, energy, and know how to use PHP, you can make a "user system",at least I have ( also modified several plugins to make it more "integrated" )

delete a user or delete every discussion a user has started?

This can be done by clicking on the avatar and then pressing "See their activity" to find the topics posted by the user, then you can delete them 1by1

Last modified by Tillreetree@fc7e1f5a on Monday 12th June 2023, 03:09:00

shoaiyb
shoaiyb@b4cd1e7b  Monday 12th June 2023, 23:00:07

Ohhh, that would be very time consuming.

I do know PHP, I can use my knowledge to manage the forum.
And, can you share me the plugins you've modified please? I've been trying to learn the basics of this awesome software but still can't figure it out.

Tillreetree
Tillreetree@fc7e1f5a  Tuesday 13th June 2023, 01:33:34

I'm sorry i cant share my modified plugins

Suggested Topics
SurveyBuilder-Admin
XHiddenProjects started plugin bannedUsers
Resources
3.2K 3
mk
3.9K 3
jacK
jacK@bff71521 started Problem @mail ?
Feature Requests
2.6K 2
Want to read more? Browse all categories or view latest topics.