How do I use SpellChecker

How do I use SpellChecker
Alexander Liebrecht Sunday 2nd April 2017, 01:41:22

Hello Developers,

I wanted to know how I can use the SpellChecker at the Flatboard Forum. I set the corresponding value in the file simpleMDE.plg.php to "true". There is twice this value in this file.

Unfortunately, in the frontend when posting topics, all words are highlighted in color. But it should be so that incorrect words are underlined in red. So I'm used to it by the browser spelling check.

Or is it with the Flatboard Forum completely different?

Looking forward to a few tips and hints from you.

Thank you!

Replies 7
Fred
Fred  Sunday 2nd April 2017, 08:23:20

Hi,
I have seen your request on Github, the problem is known and comes, in fact of codemirror, used by SimpleMDE.
The problem has been mentioned in the developer, but no solution at the moment.

Either I keep simpleMDE as editor, or one stays on BBCODE and in this case, I would make an editor at this time to adapt to facilitate the input and we then forget the markdown format.

Since the beginning, I have kept a mix of these 2 solutions, but I wonder if it is useful the markdown for a forum, what do you think?
  • Before ask a question, read the documentation.
  • 🎉  Featured as #1 product of the day on Product Hunt
  • Please like in alternativeto.net 👍🏻
  • ╰☆╮Flatboard╰☆╮ is a open source and community contributions are essential to project success!
  • <TextField>, my new CMS project designed by a passionate developer, for developers!
  • I am currently busy 😫.

Alexander Liebrecht  Sunday 2nd April 2017, 10:17:57

Markdown syntax is very good in the Flatboard forum, but if you think that we can work with BBCode better and especially the browser spellcheck check works, then you can still follow the BBCode solution.

Maybe we leave the markdown format and focus only on BBCode. You could then consider this possibility.

Fred
Fred  Monday 10th April 2017, 22:58:34

Hi Alexander,
Try the new BBcode plugin with SpellChecker and report this please.
Code:

body {
background-color: lightblue;
}
h1 {
color: white;
text-align: center;
}
p {
font-family: verdana;
font-size: 20px;
}

Gras
Italique
Surligné
Barré
Image:
Lien
Taille de police

Test de couleur
  • ╰☆╮Flatboard╰☆╮ is a open source and community contributions are essential to project success!
  • <TextField>, my new CMS project designed by a passionate developer, for developers!
  • I am currently busy 😫.

Alexander Liebrecht  Tuesday 11th April 2017, 15:09:49

Flatboard ist eine gute Lösung für OpenSource Forum und ich arbeite damit schon seit einer ganzen Weile.

Hi @admin,

Thanks for the new BBCode plugin and the Spellchecker works here already for the German language. Since I have the German sentence written up and that worked with Spellchecker.

Do you offer this BBCode plugin already officially or still under development?

Thanks in advance.

Fred
Fred  Tuesday 11th April 2017, 19:51:09

I can provide it with the file changes to make to use it.
Or you are still waiting for a while, time to review the code in order to have the choice between markdown or BBcode so Flatboard will move to stable version.
  • I am currently busy 😫.

Fred
Fred  Thursday 13th April 2017, 22:07:08

Ok i found a solution, in config is now possible to select markdown or bbcode format.
One plugin manage this 2 editor. On installation, is BBcode default editor.
  • I am currently busy 😫.

Alexander Liebrecht  Sunday 16th April 2017, 02:12:16

Hi @Fred,
Thanks for this solution and I like it very well. I see that you have already implemented it here in the forum. This looks good and I think of the numerous German and English flatboard forum users who can work with the Spellchcker in the near future.
I think this is very popular for all users :)
I'm looking forward to the stable forum version of Flatboard Forum.

Suggested Topics
Cyrille BORNE started Publicité
Open Bar
3.9K 2
4K 1
Want to read more? Browse all categories or view latest topics.