Emjois will pop up automatically in the wrong places: URLS and Code

Ben
Emjois will pop up automatically in the wrong places: URLS and Code
Ben@84171e7c Tuesday 18th July 2023, 16:59:53

So happy to find this software. Slowly but surely getting all the remaining kinks worked out and am very happy with the design and layout.

There is one annoying bug I have not yet been able to address. Sometimes when posting URLs, or other text, the software automatically inserts an emjoi when the text matches the code for it. I can usually work around it by adding a space in text, but if it's inside some code, or a shared URL then it breaks the code and also URLs.

It happens on my forum but I've also noticed it happening here in posts on this forum as well.

Example:

- `feed`😽*RSS feeds**- include `feed.tpl.php`

In this example from a code box found here on this forum, it shows a cat emoji because the code text matched that emoji. But if you tried to use that code to fix something it would not parse correctly.

If there is no easy way to fix it, maybe there is a way to disable emojis completely in Flatboard software? It would be better to turn off Emjois rather than have it break things when trying to post content.

Replies 7
SurveyBuilder-Admin
XHiddenProjects  Wednesday 19th July 2023, 11:57:08

@Fred, time to get rid of auto-emoji, it checks for a certain keystroke and automatically replaces it with emoji.
ex: : ) = 😊
Software engineer, creates plugins for Flatboard, checks source codes, and answers any software errors questions and contributes on the GitHub page as well

Tillreetree
Tillreetree@fc7e1f5a  Thursday 20th July 2023, 01:47:03

I just deleted that part on my site; it's a real pain in the rear, sometimes a part of the image's filename is just the right part to make a certain emoji, like "oh-seven" for salute

Tillreetree
Tillreetree@fc7e1f5a  Thursday 20th July 2023, 01:50:36

maybe there is a way to disable emojis completely in Flatboard

yes there is a way

edit this file: (website root)\plugin\FlatBBeditor\js\FlatBBeditor.min.js

remove this part:
document.getElementById("content").oninput=function(){for(var e in map){var n=new RegExp(escapeSpecialChars(e),"gim");this.value=this.value=this.value.replace(n,map[e])}};

Ben
Ben@84171e7c  Thursday 20th July 2023, 16:16:28

Thank you, Tillreetree. This will work great for now. Maybe in a future upgrade emojis can be added to the editor as a pop up menu.

They can still be copied and pasted into text or added from your phone or PC when needed.

This is what I do for favorite posts instead of using the plugin. As the plug-in would sometimes want to add some open </span html when editing a post with favorite posts enabled. 👍

Tillreetree
Tillreetree@fc7e1f5a  Friday 21st July 2023, 06:19:32

Maybe in a future upgrade emojis can be added to the editor as a pop up menu

[ul]
[*] Flatboard: At least when I was replying to this post, there were "😊" button in the upper right corner of the textbox to select the emoji
[*] Windows: Windows key + dot "."
[*] Android & iOS: there is a button on the keyboard to select emoji
[/ul]

SurveyBuilder-Admin
XHiddenProjects  Friday 21st July 2023, 19:43:22

Haha, that would be the correct way of doing listing, but it's not that.

its
[ list ] [ /list ] or [ list=1 ] [ /list ]

• Test 1
  • Test 2
  • Test 3

1. Test 4
  2. Test 5
  3. Test 6

Last modified by XHiddenProjects on Friday 21st July 2023, 19:44:00
Software engineer, creates plugins for Flatboard, checks source codes, and answers any software errors questions and contributes on the GitHub page as well

Ben
Ben@84171e7c  Monday 24th July 2023, 16:09:42

Lol didn't even notice the little smiley face before. That's a much nicer way to add emojis.