Mail Notification of new Topic Replies

Mail Notification of new Topic Replies
AlexanderLiebrecht Saturday 17th June 2017, 16:21:52

Hi @Fred,
Have you ever thought about developing a plugin, with which the forum users with new answers by mail are informed?

This would be times very helpful and so you would not often in the forum purely and could only after the mail notification to the forum go.
It's probably more comfortable and I think it can improve the discussions.

What do you say?

Replies 4
Balistic  Saturday 17th June 2017, 16:41:50

I don't know : it will bloat Flatboard : there is already the RSS flux for people.
I mean : flatboard should save the users' emails, and should offer an option to remove an email, without using accounts. Moreover, since everyone can post, and so could subscribe with an email, bad people could enter a lot of emails in your flatboard to spam people.

AlexanderLiebrecht  Saturday 17th June 2017, 16:56:16

Perhaps you're even right, especially we have no user management, where you can adjust such mail subscriptions. Then comes the rather no longer questionable and everyone may post and subscribe to the threads.

In the case of flatboard determined better ;)

Fred
Fred  Saturday 17th June 2017, 22:07:13

Yes I had thought about the idea of being able to subscribe by mail to the answers of a discussion.
But as the saying Ballistics, Faltboard with no user account, would be a
source of obvious spam and vulnerability to overload the server.
The rss feeds helps overcome this problem, it is currently with them that I see all the answers quickly.

Last modified by Fred on Saturday 17th June 2017, 22:11:00
  • Before ask a question, read the documentation.
  • 🎉  Featured as #1 product of the day on Product Hunt
  • Please like in alternativeto.net 👍🏻
  • ╰☆╮Flatboard╰☆╮ is a open source and community contributions are essential to project success!
  • <TextField>, my new CMS project designed by a passionate developer, for developers!
  • I am currently busy 😫.

643c0932  Monday 19th June 2017, 17:46:43

Use google alerts for RSS...

Suggested Topics
billy
billy@d587756e started Everybody tests
Open Bar
2.2K 0
Want to read more? Browse all categories or view latest topics.