Impossible to start a discussion

Impossible to start a discussion
Tasy#5e2c578c Thursday 22nd June 2017, 11:06:18

Hello Fred,

I can't start a new discussion on Flatboard with Firefox or Chrome but it works fine with the TOR browser. I tried without my extensions but it still doesn't work. What could be the problem ?

I have no issue when I reply to a discussion though.

Thank you in advance!

Edit: Solution HERE

Last modified by Tasy#5e2c578c on Friday 23rd June 2017, 21:40:00
Tasy#5e2c578c locked the discussion.

Replies 10
Fred
Fred  Thursday 22nd June 2017, 12:52:37

Hi Tasy,

You are the first user to make me feedback on this bug.
Is it the same here?
When is it if you right click on the link and open it in a new window of your browser?
  • Before ask a question, read the documentation.
  • 🎉  Featured as #1 product of the day on Product Hunt
  • Please like in alternativeto.net 👍🏻
  • ╰☆╮Flatboard╰☆╮ is a open source and community contributions are essential to project success!
  • <TextField>, my new CMS project designed by a passionate developer, for developers!
  • I am currently busy 😫.

Tasy#5e2c578c  Friday 23rd June 2017, 09:07:18

Yes, it is the same here. I had to use the TOR browser to post the message but now I'm using Firefox to write the reply. I tried to right click on "Start a new discussion" and open it in a new window but it doesn't work.

I also tried with a different computer (I'm running GNU/Linux and I tried with Windows 10) but I still can't start a new discussion with Firefox.

Fred
Fred  Friday 23rd June 2017, 09:23:36

it's really strange, especially since TOR is based on Firefox.
I tried with multiple browsers and OS.
* MacOS: Safari, Firefox, Opera
* Android Apps: Chrome & Brave
All work good. You will try, by removing the plugin Editor in the ./plugin folder.
Keep me informed.

Last modified by Fred on Friday 23rd June 2017, 14:31:00
  • ╰☆╮Flatboard╰☆╮ is a open source and community contributions are essential to project success!
  • <TextField>, my new CMS project designed by a passionate developer, for developers!
  • I am currently busy 😫.

Tasy#5e2c578c  Friday 23rd June 2017, 14:16:41

I don't get it.
I removed the plugin Editor like you said but it changes nothing.
Android Apss: I firstly tried to start a new discussion with Firefox connected on the Wi-Fi : it doesn't work. Firefox with 3G : it doesn't work. Chrome with 3G : it works !? Chrome with Wi-Fi : it works. I tried again with Firefox with Wi-Fi : it works !?

So I went on my computer (GNU/Linux; Wi-Fi only) to test with Firefox : it worked one time Chrome : it worked one time. But now when I try again, it's not working anymore. I removed all my history (cache, cookies, forms, etc.) but, once again, I can't write a new discussion. Could it be a connection issue (IP address or something) ?

Fred
Fred  Friday 23rd June 2017, 14:29:37

Please open your init.php and active the debug mode to TRUE, save the file and upload it in your server.
Now give me the errors that show up, if you have any. Otherwise I would say it's a problem with your router.
And it's possible to have a link to the installation of your Flatboard?, so I check the url's links to the new discussion.

Last modified by Fred on Friday 23rd June 2017, 15:10:00
  • I am currently busy 😫.

Tasy#5e2c578c  Friday 23rd June 2017, 15:03:26

It says :
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /flatboard/lib/Parser.lib.php on line 147

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /flatboard/lib/Parser.lib.php on line 147

Last modified by Tasy#5e2c578c on Friday 23rd June 2017, 15:09:00

Fred
Fred  Friday 23rd June 2017, 15:05:34

Ho ok, you have update with the new system Tag, just go to your configuration => Tags and save empty config.
Or try with a new installation please.

Last modified by Fred on Friday 23rd June 2017, 15:06:00
  • I am currently busy 😫.

Tasy#5e2c578c  Friday 23rd June 2017, 15:29:05

I don't understand, I have to delete my Tags List ?
I tried with a new installation but it's not working. And I have no error this time so maybe it's because of my router ?

Last modified by Tasy#5e2c578c on Friday 23rd June 2017, 15:32:00