Global blog functioning

Fred
Global blog functioning
Fred Thursday 20th July 2017, 10:09:52

As you've noticed, Flatboard (since version 1.0.1) now integrates a blog.
To activate it, nothing more simple. You need to go into configuration once logged in as an administrator.

You will find there simply 2 options. One allows you to select the forum you would like to see as articles and this will automatically activate the blog, with a link in the sidebar.

The other one simply allows you to choose the number of characters that Flatboard will display as an introduction to your blog article, with a link to read the rest of the topic.

That's all for the configuration! To disable the blog, you just have to select "Disable the blog".

The number of items to display and exactly the same number of paginations in Flatboard configuration.

The first image found in the article will automatically be displayed as a snap image, you have nothing to do.
The other display information is:
- The author of the article (here we retrieve the pseudo right before the hash for more logic).
- Date of publication.
- The number of comments.
- The name of the category with a link to the forum selected in configuration.

This is still a minimalist blog, in the spirit of Flatboard, which nevertheless allows to share your articles with comments based on the answers of the forum for a much more dynamic communication.

Last modified by Fred on Thursday 20th July 2017, 10:12:00
Fred stickied the discussion.
  • Before ask a question, read the documentation.
  • 🎉  Featured as #1 product of the day on Product Hunt
  • Please like in alternativeto.net 👍🏻
  • ╰☆╮Flatboard╰☆╮ is a open source and community contributions are essential to project success!
  • <TextField>, my new CMS project designed by a passionate developer, for developers!
  • I am currently busy 😫.

Replies 7
AlexanderLiebrecht  Friday 21st July 2017, 07:11:49

Hi @Fred,

Thank you for explaining how the flatboard blog works. I already discovered this, but I think that some users are not yet using it.

Will you soon publish your ToDo list for Flatboard version 1.0.2?

Thank you!

Lurker#66121aa0  Sunday 23rd July 2017, 13:08:13

I have been lurking because i am familiar with other flat file projects and think it's quite interesting to have a forum on this basis as well.

in my oppinion blog is not needed. i'd rather have this software to focus on extending functionality and performance of forum instead of doing a sidestep and add more functions to turn it into a cms...

i assume most people rather integrate a forum in their existing website where they already feature something such as blog/news. so...

but just my 2 cents.

Fred
Fred  Sunday 23rd July 2017, 14:14:16

No great novelty at the moment, because I have less time for development. But I reviewed the search page as you can see on the todolist discussion.

Actually the blog rests on the forum, and not the reverse;)
This is an addition that does not impact the performance of Flatboard.
If it remains disabled, nothing lets think that a blog exists, it is completely transparent in its integration.
  • ╰☆╮Flatboard╰☆╮ is a open source and community contributions are essential to project success!
  • <TextField>, my new CMS project designed by a passionate developer, for developers!
  • I am currently busy 😫.

Mf  Thursday 7th November 2019, 15:57:23

Nice one

Fred
Fred  Friday 8th November 2019, 10:07:51

Please use the demo forum to test Flatboard, or download it 😇
  • I am currently busy 😫.

JesusGod-Pope666
JesusGod-Pope666@c1adcbb2  Monday 4th October 2021, 01:05:00

Aha, well I could at least use this board maybe... as a blog software, not sure... I'm a little too tired. And still just looking around.

But it is interesting that it has the possibility and even using it as a forum at the same time. Very nice. I was looking for some kind of blog for my website, although the question is how hard it is to implant into my webpage.

I still don't understand why the message box would not be open by default, it is just another click to do - which personally I hate the clicking game.

- Darkijah

jpg6
jpg6@c1adcbb2  Monday 4th October 2021, 01:21:30

You have so much wasted space on the mobile at the left side. Just empty all down. Would be nice if the Icon did only take the top so the rest of the space can be used for text.

- Darkijah