Page Manager

Page Manager
Diplo Wednesday 26th July 2017, 16:57:38

Hi, First thank you for the forum. I'm having some test, and I did not found the way to add Rules and Documentation pages like Flatboard has. Certainly stupid and simple :((
Can you help ?
Thank you.

Replies 5
AlexanderLiebrecht  Thursday 27th July 2017, 03:30:16

Hello Diplo,

Currently flatboard has no page manager or static page management. But I have put it this way:

I created several forum topics. This I have pinned and closed. Then you take the URLs and link the links in the sidebar.php of your active themes.

That would be the simplest solution.

With new updates of the Flatboard-Forum these links have to be integrated again in the sidebar.php.

What do you say?

Diplo  Thursday 27th July 2017, 08:28:44

Hi Alexander,
Thank you for your response. I will do it this way. 

Updated:
So Rules, Documentation and Shoutbox should also appear in one of the forums? exact ? But I can't find them. Are these topics hidden ?

Last modified by Diplo on Thursday 27th July 2017, 08:49:00

AlexanderLiebrecht  Thursday 27th July 2017, 10:42:55

Hi again,
No, these static pages do not exist in Flatboard. You have to create them separately as new topics in any forum with you. Then you link these topics in the sidebar.php in the FTP account under /theme/yourtheme/sidebar.php.

That would be the easiest to do.

But so you will not find the pages you are talking about with flatboard. It is also here at Fred in the forum so. He is now the developer and knows his forum better than us :)

Diplo  Thursday 27th July 2017, 11:33:57

Ok I did it this way:
I've added exemple-page.dat.php in data->topic and link them in sidebar. Work just fine ;-)
May a good idea for next updates to be able to add selected pages from blog (or maybe any topics forums) in sidebar.
Thank you again for help, and to Fred for the Forum, I'm very happy to use it in my project. 

Fred
Fred  Thursday 27th July 2017, 13:53:52

Hi Diplo, and thank for use Flatboard in your project.
Remember that you can use a unique username on the forum to avoid any identity theft, by entering it in this way: MyPseudo#MyPassword.

Currently I use an experimental plugin for the creation of my pages.
He asks for some adjustment so that I publish it.
So you can do as suggested by Alexander, creating a topic and adding the link in your theme (sidebar.tpl.php).
  • Before ask a question, read the documentation.
  • 🎉  Featured as #1 product of the day on Product Hunt
  • Please like in alternativeto.net 👍🏻
  • ╰☆╮Flatboard╰☆╮ is a open source and community contributions are essential to project success!
  • <TextField>, my new CMS project designed by a passionate developer, for developers!
  • I am currently busy 😫.