Use CSS buttons in the tag system - how does it work

Use CSS buttons in the tag system - how does it work
Alexander Liebrecht Friday 28th July 2017, 19:46:33

Hi Fred,

I would like to use CSS buttons instead of the images in the tag system. How can I implement it so that it looks much more professional.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance.

Last modified by Alexander Liebrecht on Saturday 29th July 2017, 18:06:00

Replies 5
h͜m͡my  Friday 28th July 2017, 23:25:37

Flatboard's tags are modern to today's forum software.
But you can reference the  middle "solved" example using a span.
This is overkill, you can use the following as a span.  This is copied from codepen.io
<span style="border: 1px solid #3b618a;-webkit-border-radius: 5px;-moz-border-radius: 5px;border-radius: 5px;font-size: 10px;padding: 7px 16px 7px 16px;text-decoration: none;display: inline-block;text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.3);color: #FFFFFF;background-color: #4C7CB1;background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, from(#4C7CB1), to(#002F64));background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #4C7CB1, #002F64);background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #4C7CB1, #002F64);background-image: -ms-linear-gradient(top, #4C7CB1, #002F64);background-image: -o-linear-gradient(top, #4C7CB1, #002F64);background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, #4C7CB1, #002F64);filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(GradientType=0, startColorstr=#4C7CB1, endColorstr=#002F64);font-size: 14px;"> Blog </span>

This will give you something similar to the style of the buttons below (which is similar to what you have on your site).  We can always help you achieve the same CSS style if you need help.

Example:
Yours:

https://codepen.io/SephGrave/pen/nyzIm

Last modified by h͜m͡my on Saturday 29th July 2017, 11:54:00

AlexanderLiebrecht  Saturday 29th July 2017, 01:59:33

Thanks for the advice.

So I wanted to try it, but unfortunately not so many characters in the "Replacement" field can be entered.

In which file with the flatboard can I change the number of allowed characters with the tags?

In the add.php I find nothing.

Thanks in advance.

AlexanderLiebrecht  Saturday 29th July 2017, 04:21:17

Does it have to look like this? Tags are also displayed as labels in the topic title. I would have liked only the titles displayed without buttons.

Fred
Fred  Saturday 29th July 2017, 11:53:00

, you need define the scope of Tag.
Here I use the labels of the framework Specter css.
You can also add CSS class in the css theme (main.css) and use this code:
Tag =>
[blog]

Replacement =>
<span class="label my-custom-label">blog</span>

Last modified by Fred on Saturday 29th July 2017, 11:56:00
  • Before ask a question, read the documentation.
  • 🎉  Featured as #1 product of the day on Product Hunt
  • Please like in alternativeto.net 👍🏻
  • ╰☆╮Flatboard╰☆╮ is a open source and community contributions are essential to project success!
  • <TextField>, my new CMS project designed by a passionate developer, for developers!
  • I am currently busy 😫.

AlexanderLiebrecht  Saturday 29th July 2017, 12:51:19

Thanks, Fred! 

With your tips it worked better and I like it a lot. So I'll leave it. Now look for cool tags ;)