Error 500 on the index page after Update to Flatboard 2.0

Error 500 on the index page after Update to Flatboard 2.0
Alexander Monday 11th February 2019, 12:43:22

Hi Fred,

i have updatet to Flatboard 2.0 and see Error 500 on the index Page. This error showing for me in the error_log:

[11-Feb-2019 13:30:18 Europe/Berlin] PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant PATH_ROOT - assumed 'PATH_ROOT' in /xxxxxxxx/flatboardforum.de/index.php on line 34

Can you help me to resolve this error?

I use shared hosting, PHP 7.1.

Thanks in Advance, Alexander

Last modified by Alexander on Tuesday 12th March 2019, 08:47:00
Alexander locked the discussion.

Replies 8
Fred
Fred  Monday 11th February 2019, 13:25:36

Hello Alexander,
Do you try a clean installation before?
Back up all your data before updating.
Once the fresh installation is done, tell me what it gives.
Then make a backup copy of the data/config/config.dat.php file from your Flatboard version 2 installation.
Restore then all your data of your forum in 1.0.5 and replace the file config.dat.php by the one which you saved just before.
Normally everything should be in place.
  • Before ask a question, read the documentation.
  • 🎉  Featured as #1 product of the day on Product Hunt
  • Please like in alternativeto.net 👍🏻
  • ╰☆╮Flatboard╰☆╮ is a open source and community contributions are essential to project success!
  • <TextField>, my new CMS project designed by a passionate developer, for developers!
  • I am currently busy 😫.

Alexander  Monday 11th February 2019, 14:44:20

Just freshly installed and uploaded everything from /data Folder. The forum on the root domain https://flatboardforum.de is unfortunately on Error 500 and the board is only available at https://flatboardforum.de/index.php/forum .

Unfortunately I can't fight my way through to /config.php. Also Error 500. If I log in with old login data, i.e. the password, I am only a user, but no admin. Access to the dashboard is then not displayed.

How can I run the forum without /index.php/forum. It must be accessible on the main domain. You won't be redirected in the frontend if I call it up in the browser.

Hm...a bit complicated the whole thing :-)

Fred
Fred  Monday 11th February 2019, 18:27:23

Ok so we'll do it all over again from the beginning 😃.
Next your error looks like missing files including header.php.
Flatboard works well also on PHP 7.2

1°) Makes a basic installation with the index.php file and flatboard.zip archive to the root of your server.
2°) Is at this time, the unpack done correctly, and you have access to the stage of the installation?

Last modified by Fred on Monday 11th February 2019, 19:38:00
  • ╰☆╮Flatboard╰☆╮ is a open source and community contributions are essential to project success!
  • <TextField>, my new CMS project designed by a passionate developer, for developers!
  • I am currently busy 😫.

Alexander  Monday 11th February 2019, 19:10:47

Ok, Thanks for the hints, Fred. I check this now!!

Fred
Fred  Monday 11th February 2019, 19:17:35

No problem, let me know so that I can help you migrate version.
Don't forget to edit init.php and set define('DEBUG_MODE', TRUE) for debug.

Last modified by Fred on Monday 11th February 2019, 19:40:00
  • I am currently busy 😫.

Alexander  Monday 11th February 2019, 19:42:18

Ok, Thanks for your help. I have migrated and how to change root domain url flatboardforum.de to https://flatboardforum.de/index.php/forum ?

When I call my main domain, it does not redirect to /index.php/forum. But forum visitors must be redirected to this index page when clicking on the text logo.

With RewriteEngine On and .htaccess it doesn't work.

Thanks a lot!

Alexander  Monday 11th February 2019, 20:20:57

OK, Success!!! I found the error for my index.php page. One of the forums caused the error, so the forum home page was not displayed in the root of the domain. Now everything works again and I can access https://flatboardforum.de directly in my browser.

This was only noticed later with the forum, which I deleted now. But that was the reason.

Fred
Fred  Monday 11th February 2019, 22:25:29

I do not understand everything that story with several forums, but the main and you have managed to upgrade your site 😊
  • I am currently busy 😫.

Suggested Topics
Fred
5.2K 8
3.5K 1
Want to read more? Browse all categories or view latest topics.