Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace'

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace'
Alexander Monday 11th February 2019, 20:34:20

Hi Fred,

I installed the Signature Plugin and wanted to insert links in the editor, but unfortunately nothing happens when clicking on the Link tool.

Google Chrome Console shows me this error:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'replace' of undefined
at flatboard.js:18

Can you please look at it again?

Thanks in advance.

Last modified by Alexander on Tuesday 12th March 2019, 08:47:00
Alexander locked the discussion.

Replies 7
Fred
Fred  Monday 11th February 2019, 22:45:43

For a link, just use the html
<a href="yourlink.com">Link</a>

For the TypeError because navigate in the backend, this js is just for change color font in banner custom color.
It should not be any impact on the operation of Flatboard 😉.
  • Before ask a question, read the documentation.
  • 🎉  Featured as #1 product of the day on Product Hunt
  • Please like in alternativeto.net 👍🏻
  • ╰☆╮Flatboard╰☆╮ is a open source and community contributions are essential to project success!
  • <TextField>, my new CMS project designed by a passionate developer, for developers!
  • I am currently busy 😫.

Alexander  Tuesday 12th February 2019, 17:18:09

But I have more problems. You have a password mechanism built in that you can't copy and paste the passwords. I generally use very long passwords with all possible characters. How to login if you can't do it with copy&paste.

My BBCode editor does not work. All buttons are not clickable and that's all I meant. Also I log in with old password only as moderator. The link to the dashboard is not displayed in the forum.

Hm...somehow complicated everything :-)

Fred
Fred  Tuesday 12th February 2019, 18:56:03

1°) What you mean is that you can not copy / paste your password in the login form?
- So it's true I added a feature to avoid this for a while on this v2, then you have you know it here is this is probably why you do not have the old hash;)
In this case I would eliminate this "filter" for the next update.

2°) I just tried the editor on your forum and all buttons work for me on 4 different browsers ... Can you get me more?
For url need this syntaxe (without the stars): [*url=https://flatboardforum.de]your forum[*/url] OR [*url]https://flatboardforum.de[*/url]

3°) For moderator passwords, you must delete them and redo them again.
As announced in the changelog, the password uses a new sytem by password_hash() & password_verify().

Sorry for all its changes, that's why I advise to start on a new installation.
  • ╰☆╮Flatboard╰☆╮ is a open source and community contributions are essential to project success!
  • <TextField>, my new CMS project designed by a passionate developer, for developers!
  • I am currently busy 😫.

Alexander  Wednesday 13th February 2019, 16:24:01

Ok, Fred, no Problem.

I've narrowed down the problems a little. Using the BBCode editor does not work when creating a new forum on the website and even if I want to edit the signature in the backend.

Posting topics in the forum and using the editor like inserting links etc. works. I can confirm what you said.

I was able to log into the backend with my complex password. Everything is fine and if you can copy&paste it with the next update, it would be perfect.

Thank you, Alexander

Fred
Fred  Wednesday 13th February 2019, 19:37:17

I just understood for the BBcode editor, in fact it only works for replies and new topics.
I must improve the editor with more filters for a future version ...
So it's normal that it does not work for signatures and description of a forum.
For info it's 2 textarea accept the HTML code;)
  • I am currently busy 😫.

Alexander  Wednesday 13th February 2019, 19:44:44

Thanks @Fred. So everything else will be fine for the first time in my own forum. I will install now only all my Flatboard Plugins and adapt the forum again to the German laws :-)

I am also flirting with Flatboard Pro for the future, because I would like to work with Pages.

Fred
Fred  Wednesday 13th February 2019, 23:24:04

I have update the Flatboard archive, you can download again please.
Deutch lang pack update with your translate, Thx a lot.
Thank for your feedbacks 😀
  • I am currently busy 😫.