Remove reply frame

Remove reply frame
iagovar Wednesday 4th December 2019, 20:19:32

Seriously, is it possible to remove the reply page as a frame and put it under the thread as other forums have. It's just too annoying. It's half the screen and you still need to scroll within it.

Replies 5
Fred
Fred  Wednesday 4th December 2019, 22:44:35

Hi iagovar,
Anything is possible, but be aware that this modal has been requested by several users.
This display is however present on several modern forum too.
I would make an option in the FlatBBeditor plugin to display or not as a modal.
  • Before ask a question, read the documentation.
  • 🎉  Featured as #1 product of the day on Product Hunt
  • Please like in alternativeto.net 👍🏻
  • ╰☆╮Flatboard╰☆╮ is a open source and community contributions are essential to project success!
  • <TextField>, my new CMS project designed by a passionate developer, for developers!
  • I am currently busy 😫.

iagovar  Thursday 5th December 2019, 13:00:12

That would be great. I'm evaluation several forum software and flatboard seems cool, but I'm looking for a solution that I don't have to tune up a lot and having to change flatboard templaes does not check that box. I don't want to be messing with that in every update.

Honestly I can't understand under what circunstances a frame is a good idea for a reply box.

Thank you anyway.

Fred
Fred  Thursday 5th December 2019, 15:51:45

If this option, simply configure it once, Flatboard do not touch this setting for future update ...
  • ╰☆╮Flatboard╰☆╮ is a open source and community contributions are essential to project success!
  • <TextField>, my new CMS project designed by a passionate developer, for developers!
  • I am currently busy 😫.

Fred
Fred  Sunday 8th December 2019, 09:44:25

I just added a quick reply box is what you want?
Have you tested the mathematical captcha of the new version?
  • I am currently busy 😫.

Fred
Fred  Tuesday 17th December 2019, 19:42:57

I just replaced the whole system of answer form and new discussion.
I leave it in testing for a while here, and wait for feedback to validate or not this choice.
  • I am currently busy 😫.