Where do I find themes? Or, how do I create one?

shoaiyb
Where do I find themes? Or, how do I create one?
shoaiyb@b4cd1e7b Friday 9th June 2023, 13:11:04

Hello guys.
I'm new here, this is my first post ever in this community. I'm also a fan of flat-file softwares, I even built and manage a tiny flat-file blogging software.

I noticed Flatboard like five months ago and I loved it since. I was just wondering of creating a discussion forum for my blog. But, is there any place I could find already made (and mostly free) themes? Or do I have to build one from scratch? Besides, I would love to build a new theme that matches the style of my existing blog.

Thanks.

Replies 14
SurveyBuilder-Admin
XHiddenProjects  Friday 9th June 2023, 15:58:58

You can install themes on boostwatch or you can copy and edit the folder in the theme folder from flatboard/theme/(theme folder) hope this helps
Software engineer, creates plugins for Flatboard, checks source codes, and answers any software errors questions and contributes on the GitHub page as well

Tillreetree
Tillreetree@fc7e1f5a  Saturday 10th June 2023, 01:34:51

I have now written out the outline of the theme mechanism, see the latest post on this site

Last modified by Tillreetree@fc7e1f5a on Saturday 10th June 2023, 03:25:00

Tillreetree
Tillreetree@fc7e1f5a  Saturday 10th June 2023, 03:28:28

already made themes

you need Flatboard PRO

do I have to build one from scratch?

YES, you need to make one from zero;

If you make a theme, please do consider sharing it, otherwise we'll only have the built-in "Bootstrap" (and the theme that comes with Flatboard PRO) to work with!

Last modified by Tillreetree@fc7e1f5a on Saturday 10th June 2023, 03:44:00

Tillreetree
Tillreetree@fc7e1f5a  Saturday 10th June 2023, 03:42:54

I even built and manage a tiny flat-file blogging software.

I suggest you to improve your blog program by adding a "Guestbook/Discussion Board" section

You can use the "PPDB" project made by "SurveyBuilder-Admin", or check out the construction of his "WebPress" project

Last modified by Tillreetree@fc7e1f5a on Saturday 10th June 2023, 03:44:00

SurveyBuilder-Admin
XHiddenProjects  Saturday 10th June 2023, 14:54:40

Thanks for the supporting my project @Tillreetree

Clarify: webpress is located here
Software engineer, creates plugins for Flatboard, checks source codes, and answers any software errors questions and contributes on the GitHub page as well

shoaiyb
shoaiyb@b4cd1e7b  Sunday 11th June 2023, 01:48:11

Is the WebPress some kinda Flatboard integration or is it a standalone software?

shoaiyb
shoaiyb@b4cd1e7b  Sunday 18th June 2023, 19:43:59

Is the theme used on this forum available free? Or is it only for the pro version?

SurveyBuilder-Admin
XHiddenProjects  Sunday 18th June 2023, 20:58:33

WebPress is a standalone software. Themes on flatboard are pro version only. Also thank for @Fred, for testing out my project

Last modified by XHiddenProjects on Monday 19th June 2023, 01:05:00

Suggested Topics
c40bc started Rating
Feature Requests
5K 5
Tillreetree
Tillreetree@fc7e1f5a started Hook mechanism explained
Open Bar
2.2K 2
Want to read more? Browse all categories or view latest topics.