Documentation terrible for noobs ...

Documentation terrible for noobs ...
123456789abc01 Sunday 14th March 2021, 08:54:12

Alright, I've read the entire docs page and that page explains nothing as far as standard forum usage is concerned. In my mind, and having been online since 1991 as well as being a member on half a dozen forums, a forum has an administrator who can assign, reject,create, users. An administrator can apply forum settings to include uploaded files such as png, gif, bmp, pdf, etc. These are just the most basic functions of any forum.
Again, I have read the docs page, twice as a matter of fact. There is nothing there about an admin account, user creation, login procedures, adding upload features, nothing. I have no idea how I can run flatboard as a general, basic forum, if I can't find documentation on how to use flatboard as an administrator. Adding hooks? What on earth are you talking about? No need to login? What? Who wrote that doc? How about writing a "how-to" install, use, and administer flatboard for people who've never in their lives come across anything like this kind of a forum. I want to support flatboard,but first I have to know how I can administer a flatboard forum for multiple users with uploadable files. The docs page expkains none of that. 😒

Last modified by Fred on Saturday 20th March 2021, 21:56:00
Fred locked the discussion.

Replies 4
Fred
Fred  Sunday 14th March 2021, 09:34:03

If nothing is marked in the documentation it is because Flatboard does not use a member manager.
A basic forum is used to discuss, Flatboard not using a database and being VERY light, we had to create a self-user system.
Flatboard just doesn't want to look like other forum scripts.
Otherwise you might as well stay with the tenors of this domain...
  • Before ask a question, read the documentation.
  • 🎉  Featured as #1 product of the day on Product Hunt
  • Please like in alternativeto.net 👍🏻
  • ╰☆╮Flatboard╰☆╮ is a open source and community contributions are essential to project success!
  • <TextField>, my new CMS project designed by a passionate developer, for developers!
  • I am currently busy 😫.

123456789abc01  Sunday 14th March 2021, 15:51:12

I wrote a post here and submitted an image with it.
The post is gone.
I cannot download the pro version.
I paid the money via paypal.
Then clicked the "Private Area" box as directed.
From there, no way to proceed.
I have no login, no email, and no login password from flatboard.
The download page requests a pseudonym ??? and a password ???
No matter what I try, there is no way to get the download going.
IN 20 YEARS I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH A CONFUSING W§AY TO ACCESS A DOWNLOAD PAGE !!!

123456789abc01  Sunday 14th March 2021, 15:52:55

And *NO* ...
A FORUM and a DISCUSSION BOARD are not the same thing.
Perhaps that was my mistake? The page that brought me here was from a search for a flatfile forum ...

Fred
Fred  Sunday 14th March 2021, 18:47:12

No need to rage, I was refunded...
Just need read correctly redirect page 😊
You can try free version before buy...

Last modified by Fred on Monday 15th March 2021, 11:04:00
  • Before ask a question, read the documentation.
  • 🎉  Featured as #1 product of the day on Product Hunt
  • Please like in alternativeto.net 👍🏻
  • ╰☆╮Flatboard╰☆╮ is a open source and community contributions are essential to project success!
  • <TextField>, my new CMS project designed by a passionate developer, for developers!
  • I am currently busy 😫.

Suggested Topics
YoheiSato
4.3K 1
Want to read more? Browse all categories or view latest topics.