No word-wrap on topics. EASY FIX!

astronautsurfer
No word-wrap on topics. EASY FIX!
astronautsurfer@7ef8b296 Thursday 25th November 2021, 05:19:01

I like your software. It's fast and simple. But I don't like bugs (or in this case "fleas")...

I noticed that when I view topics the words are not wrapped but rather cut in half when they reach the end of the div.

In the "bootstrap" theme I fixed this by modifying line #41 in "viewTopic.tpl.php"

Old line:
<div style="width: 100%; word-break: break-all">' .Parser::content($topicEntry['content']). '</div>

New Line:
<div style="width: 100%; word-break: break-word">' .Parser::content($topicEntry['content']). '</div>

I also discovered this issue for the most recent post in "lastposts.tpl.php" on line #5.

Old line:
<div style="width:100%; word-break: break-all">

New line:
<div style="width:100%; word-break: break-word">

It was a simple fix. Just though you should know.

Best.

Last modified by astronautsurfer@7ef8b296 on Thursday 25th November 2021, 05:36:00

Replies 3
SurveyBuilder-Admin
XHiddenProjects  Thursday 25th November 2021, 11:20:01

This is not a bug, break-all breaks down every character that is being type, break-word breaks everything by word. The reason why this is setup is just to make things shorter instead of having long line of reading.
Software engineer, creates plugins for Flatboard, checks source codes, and answers any software errors questions and contributes on the GitHub page as well

Jesusgod-pope666
Jesusgod-pope666@34030237  Wednesday 9th February 2022, 03:00:59