My password has been stolen.. do not use this software.

erikjohnson
My password has been stolen.. do not use this software.
erikjohnson@cfa4403a Thursday 10th February 2022, 01:08:20

i found flatboard on Google.
i downloaded this software, and ran it on my local computer to test it out.
i liked it, so i kept it to use for a future website.

the next day, it said i logged in from a dell inspiron that was in sweden!?
then, a few hours later, it wasn't accepting my password and when i tried to change it, it asked for security questions i had never set..
the phone number is set to +46 771 831 4727 and the backup email is mikaelanders@gmail.com..

my account was hacked. i think flatboard has a backdoor in it that steals the password. do not use this software.

Last modified by XHiddenProjects on Saturday 5th March 2022, 18:07:00
XHiddenProjects locked the discussion.

Replies 13
SurveyBuilder-Admin
XHiddenProjects  Thursday 10th February 2022, 13:07:41

Obviously, you are running in on a local computer, you have no security at all, that is why it is easy to access since you do need a webserver. This means PHP encryption won't work unless you have an SSL certificate. So someone hacked into your computer and mess with it. Also I don't think flatboard uses security questions.

Last modified by XHiddenProjects on Thursday 10th February 2022, 13:08:00
Software engineer, creates plugins for Flatboard, checks source codes, and answers any software errors questions and contributes on the GitHub page as well

Fred
Fred  Thursday 10th February 2022, 14:28:22

SurveyBuilder-Admin is absolutely correct.
Flatboard does not use security questions or log your location.
Regarding backups, you must install the Backup plugin which last does not use any email to be able to use it.
  • Before ask a question, read the documentation.
  • 🎉  Featured as #1 product of the day on Product Hunt
  • Please like in alternativeto.net 👍🏻
  • ╰☆╮Flatboard╰☆╮ is a open source and community contributions are essential to project success!
  • <TextField>, my new CMS project designed by a passionate developer, for developers!
  • I am currently busy 😫.

SurveyBuilder-Admin
XHiddenProjects  Thursday 10th February 2022, 15:21:31

First time I am actually correct for once.
Software engineer, creates plugins for Flatboard, checks source codes, and answers any software errors questions and contributes on the GitHub page as well

erikjohnson
erikjohnson@cfa4403a  Thursday 10th February 2022, 23:29:12

SurveyBuilder-Admin
my gmail account got questions not flatboard

Also, there is NO way someone could hack into localhost..

erikjohnson
erikjohnson@cfa4403a  Thursday 10th February 2022, 23:29:36

read above reply

erikjohnson
erikjohnson@cfa4403a  Thursday 10th February 2022, 23:30:20

What do backups have to do with this?

SurveyBuilder-Admin
XHiddenProjects  Friday 11th February 2022, 11:04:22

erikjohnson,
1. yes someone can hack into a localhost since it is using you PC server(So if someone can hack your PC, then can access the localhost server).
2. what does your gmail have to do with any of this? Flatboard doesn't require email address
3. You seem like you need to backup the software, so that's why @Fred said to use the backup plugin so you can reupload it if something went wrong

Last modified by XHiddenProjects on Friday 11th February 2022, 11:05:00

erikjohnson
erikjohnson@cfa4403a  Saturday 12th February 2022, 13:47:48

Wow..
I didn't know the community couldn't understand anything.

My Gmail password is saved on my computer, so through localhost, someone got into my PC and stole my google password.
And I know it's flatboard's fault because I have opened many things on localhost, and they haven't been hacked.

Last modified by Fred on Saturday 12th February 2022, 19:00:00